Our ‘Fun & Food’ Fund aims to ensure that as many children and young people as possible have access to food during school holidays, alongside enriching activities, in particular considering those children and young people who would normally receive a free school meal during Term Time.
This week we are launching the next phase of our ‘Fun & Food’ programme which aims to support activities for children and young people during the Summer (and Christmas!) 2022 school holidays, and provides an opportunity for groups, schools, early years settings and community organisations in the Derwent Valley area to apply for a small grant to help them deliver projects locally during this time.
We are now accepting small grant applications for a minimum request of £500 (per holiday period). Please note that there has been some changes to our Fun & Food Fund criteria for this phase as detailed below:
- Groups can now apply to deliver activities over multiple holiday periods (both Summer and Christmas 2022 using just one application form, minimum grant request of £500 per holiday period). If you only wish to apply for funding for Summer 2022 at this stage, we will be relaunching our Christmas 2022 Fun & Food programme again later in the year.
- Groups applying for more than one holiday period will however only be given funding for the initial holiday period (Summer) with funding for the next holiday (Christmas) being released on completion of satisfactory monitoring data and information.
- Applicants must provide face to face enriching activities and at least one healthy meal (breakfast, lunch or tea) that meets School Food Standards and Food Safety Requirements.
- Group outings/day trips will only be funded as part of a wider face to face offer e.g. as a reward activity following attendance at a centre based activity.
- We will NOT fund food only related projects, or activities that are offered without food provision.
A full copy of the revised guidance and funding application form can be requested from the Derwent Valley Partnership Team directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or telephoning: 03000 260 725 / 03000 260 722.
Please note that all fully completed applications and supporting documents must be received by 12 noon on Wednesday 27th April 2022.
The Fun & Food Summer 2022 programme will also been publicised on our Facebook page and Derwent Valley Life website but please feel free to share this information via your own networks as appropriate, we would like as many children and young people in our area as possible to benefit from the funds we have available.
If you have any queries or would like to request an application pack, please do not hesitate to contact the team using the above generic e-mail address/contact number.