One-to-one advice from the Growth Hub Connect service
The Growth Hub Connect service can provide one-to-one support to North East businesses in relation to Brexit preparations.
Alan Hewett is our dedicated Connector, who can provide free advice on getting ready for 31 October.
To book an appointment with Alan, please call 0191 561 5468 or click here to send an email.
How Brexit may impact intellectual property owners
We've put together guidance outlining how Brexit may impact intellectual property owners, and the key things you need to consider in relation to patents, copyright, trademarks and IP rights. To read the guidance, please click here.
North East businesses survey - more responses needed
Have you completed our short survey? So we can provide the support you need, please take a few moments to let us know what your business has done so far to prepare for Brexit, and what support you need. Click here for the survey.
Online Brexit Toolkit
Visit our free online Brexit toolkit to access guidance for North East businesses on preparing for Brexit, including:
- Employing staff from the EU after Brexit - read the article
- How to keep your data flowing between the UK and the EU - read the article
- Six steps to keep importing after Brexit - read the article
- Eight things to check if you export goods to the EU - read the article
- How will Brexit impact contracts - read the article
Events coming up in the North East
The following events are coming up in our region:
- Monday, 21st October: Webinar: Preparing for Brexit: Goods Regulation New Approach. Officials from the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS), are hosting a WebEx seminar concerning the regulation of manufactured goods covered by the “New Approach” in the event of no deal. Find out more and register.
- Monday, 21st October: Get Brexit Ready workshop, Darlington. A practical session to help exporting businesses prepare for Brexit. More details.
- Wednesday, 23rd & Thursday, 24th October: Brexit Readiness webinars - online sessions for businesses in in chemical, agriculture and food, life sciences, haulage and logistics, and automotive sectors. More details.
- Wednesday, 23rd October: Your Minister, Your Questions: How will Brexit impact small businesses ability to share data? Kelly Tolhurst MP, the Government’s Minister for Small Business will be holding a teleconference to discuss with small business owners how they use personal data and the steps that they will need to take to ensure they can comply with the changes after Brexit. Find out more.
These are just some of the forthcoming events. See full event listings on the North East Growth Hub.
If you have any questions or concerns about how your business can prepare for Brexit, please email us via firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our Growth Hub Connectors on 0191 561 5468.