The team at FIRST are currently matching enterprising young people with far-sighted SMEs keen to harness future talent. The goal is to place highly skilled students in local SMEs in order to give growing businesses additional support with meaningful, short term projects.
The working pattern is designed around both the student and businesses so, if you need an extra pair of hands, read on!
- Businesses must be registered in Tyne and Wear, Northumberland or County Durham and have less than 250 staff, and/or a turnover of less than €50M.
- The placements are 30-50 unpaid hours which can be completed over a number of weeks depending on the availability of both the student and business.
- Placements are flexible and can be split between the work place and working remotely.
- The students will be placed in a business that is aligned with their interests or chosen sector.
- These placements are a great way for students to immerse themselves in the business, work environment and add to their CV.
- The business must have employers liability insurance and the relevant health and safety requirements.
- Sole traders, LTDs, charities and CICs can apply.
- This project is funded by Northumberland College, European Social Funding and the Skills Funding Agency.
For further information, please click here.