Government Announces New Restriction Measures in the North East
Our friends at the FSB issued this in a recent email nd are happy for us to include it in our newsletter.
The Government has announced the restriction measures aimed at reducing the number of coronavirus cases across the North East.
From Friday 18 September, regulations will ban the following:
- residents must not socialise with other people outside of their own households or support bubble in private homes and gardens
- hospitality for food and drink will be restricted to table service only
- late night restriction of operating hours will be introduced, with leisure and entertainment venues required to close between 10pm to 5am
Residents are also advised to adhere to the following guidance to further reduce rates of infection:
- not to socialise with other people outside of their own households in all public venues
- only to use public transport for essential purposes, such as travelling to school or work
- take holidays only within your own household or support bubble
- avoid attending amateur and semi-professional sporting events as spectators
We are in constant communication with all Councils, the LEP and others to get you the support that you need.
It's vital that smaller businesses are supported for as long as these measures are in place across the region. Smaller businesses like yours will need financial support to make the changes needed to be COVID secure and adapt to these new measures.
It is absolutely critical that we get grant support to small and micro businesses quickly to help you adapt and provide some much needed support for cashflow.
If you have any concerns let us know and we will raise them.
Thanks, Simon Hanson, FSB North East Development Manager