Assistant Finance Manager - £27,000 - £32,000. Full time position. Based in Newcastle upon Tyne
The High Street Group is a diverse group of companies, with ambitious plans to grow.
High Street Hospitality was formed in 2016, and currently owns and operates multiple hotels, bars and restaurants across the north east, with a further three under construction which are planned to open in 2020. Brands include Bar 52, Rustica, Loca, Hotel 52, and Purple Peacock. The business has ambitious plans to grow by taking control of the leisure facilities developed as part of the Group’s build to rent business, High Street Residential. This will include hotels, bars, restaurants, coffee shops and other newly developed concepts nationwide.
To support the company with its ambitious growth plans, we have an exciting vacancy for an Assistant Finance Manager.
You will provide end to end finance support for all High Street Hospitality venues; from month end deliverables, budgets and forecasts to strategic and annual planning, 3 year plans and future performance, the full finance lifecycle. You will work closely with the Finance Manager (Hospitality), ensuring that they are supported with the right insight and information so that effective decisions are made.
- Work with the accounts assistants to ensure that all accounting data is accurate and up to date, including control account reconciliations.
- Production of monthly management accounts, including full variance analysis against budget for individual projects and the entire hospitality business. Analysis to reflect both qualitative and non-qualitative data.
- Balance sheet reconciliations, including the reconciliation of intercompany recharges and balances.
- Reconciliation of all hospitality systems including Guestline and EPOS with the accounting software.
- Complete all other monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements including VAT.
- Assist the Finance Manager in the production of annual budget and 3 year business plans for all venues.
- Work with the funding manager to understand loan facilities including timing and value of loan drawdowns and interest payments and ongoing requirements from lenders.
- Assist the Group Financial Controller in the production of statutory accounts.
- Experience of working as a management accountant, ideally in a hospitality business.
- Strong analytical ability with high attention to detail is a key element for this role along with the ability to build successful relationships with both finance and non-finance people within the company and the group.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A strong user of MS Excel, and experience of Sage 50 (desirable).
- A pragmatic approach to problem solving, using initiative.
- Solid numerical skills and up to date technical accountancy knowledge.
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritise.
Details of how to apply, can be found here.