DATE & TIME OF THIS FREE WEBINAR: Wednesday, 8th July - 10:00-11:30
Christine has written over seventy blogs for Everything English Education and Building Self-Belief CIO. Some of these blogs have been published in national magazines as well as being posted on a variety of websites including the National Literacy Trust, Secondary English Magazine, English Matters, the National Association for the Teaching of English magazine, as well as a host of articles for NATE's newsletters. She has also been teaching writing in secondary schools for over 25 years.
Blogs are a great way to share good news, improve engagement and most importantly they offer a more personal touch where you can truly engage with your buyers. But how do you write a winning blog? What should it say? How often is too often? In this session, Christine will give you an invaluable insight into how to write a great blog!
In this mini-masterclass Christine will cover:
- Genre, audience and purpose - What is a blog? Who are you writing for? Why are you writing your blog?
- Finding and creating content, and long term planning - A series, or stand alone items?
- The pitfalls - what to avoid;
- The art of persuasive language - how to use rhetorical language for effect;
- A template - choosing a winning headline, sub-headings and structure;
- SEO- website optimisation - how this influences how you write, how to maximise your audience and selecting images;
- A planning session - sharing ideas.
Places on this webinar are limited so as to give everyone plenty of time to ask questions. This event is open to DBN members and non-members too. Please click BOOK HERE to reserve your place (the webinar link will be sent out the day before the event).