NORTHERN POWERHOUSE DIGITAL AND TECH VIRTUAL MISSION TO INDONESIA
PRE-MISSION BRIEFING: Wednesday, 16th September 2020
MISSION DATE: Wednesday, 7th October 2020
We are inviting innovative businesses who are experienced in exporting and looking for new markets in digital, technology and associated services to participate in this first ever Northern Powerhouse virtual trade mission to Indonesia.
Indonesia is the fourth biggest country in the world, both in terms of population size and number of active Internet users (World Bank 2018 data). With an Internet economy expected to reach US$ 130 billion by 2025 (e-Conomy SEA 2019 report) Government’s ambition is to achieve Industry 4.0 resulting in the need for Artificial Intelligence (AI), Big Data and cutting-edge technology for implementation across all sectors.
Digital Technology Opportunities identiﬁed:
- In food and beverage, customized healthy food and beverage products, digital tools to reduce material waste, and digital platforms to integrate sales channels
- In automotive, electric, hybrid, and autonomous vehicles; AI for decision-making in production processes; quality control and predictive maintenance; and the use of big data for quality veriﬁcation and traceability
- In textiles and clothing, new products with digital features such as heartrate and distance monitoring, e-commerce platforms; and virtual 3D modelling for optimization of industrial processes
- In electronics, automatic domestic lighting products; security and energy-efficiency systems, health-care mobile applications; and real-time data for smart agriculture
- In footwear, “smart products” such as shoes with automatic size adjustment, and e-commerce platforms for direct communication with suppliers and customers
(Source: Innovate Indonesia, March 2020 by Ministry of Finance, Republic of Indonesia and ADB)
Further details can be found here.
ADVANCE NORTHUMBERLAND (SOUTH EAST)
DATE & TIME OF THIS FREE WEBINAR: 22nd September 2020 - 10:00 - 11:30
Advance Northumberland are running a series of networking events, joined by local business support organisations. Meet with like-minded local businesses and discover the support available in your area. Networking for businesses based in the South East of Northumberland.
Meet other local businesses as well as representatives from Business Northumberland and learn more about the free support available to your business.
Register now! We look forward to seeing you there.
VIRTUAL NORTHERN POWERHOUSE OFFSHORE ENERGY TRADE MISSION, NETHERLANDS
The Department for International Trade (DIT) invites businesses from across the Northern Powerhouse region to express their interest to join a virtual trade mission programme and take part in the virtual Offshore Energy Exhibition and Conference 2020 (OEEC) in Amsterdam.
The mission is ideal for businesses working in the offshore energy sector who are wanting to explore opportunities in the Netherlands.
The mission activity will be split into two parts.
Part 1. The virtual programme (12th - 16th October)
This five-day programme will provide an overview of the market and allow time for companies to follow up on leads before the exhibition. The programme includes:
- Access to support and a webinar series by specialist speakers, key players in the Netherlands and country experts from Belgium, Poland, Ireland, Denmark and further countries TBC
- Sessions including networking, upcoming offshore energy projects, supply chain and specific country information
- Matchmaking event with Dutch buyers
Part 2. The Offshore Energy Exhibition and Conference 2020 (28th - 29th October)
- Full online access to the seminar programme
- Access to the one-to-one meetings with potential customers, agents and distributors
Please note, delegates may attend Part 1 (the virtual programme) only, or both Part 1 and Part 2 (the virtual programme followed by the virtual OEEC). Delegates will not be granted access to the OEEC in isolation.
For further details, please click here.
VIRTUAL NORTHERN POWERHOUSE TRADE MISSION - OMNIA HEALTH LIVE
Omnia Health Live Africa: 12th - 16th October 2020
Omnia Health Live Americas: 2nd - 6th November 2020
The Department for International Trade (DIT) invites businesses to join a choice of two Northern Powerhouse (NPH) virtual missions which will give you access to healthcare and life science professionals. Express your interest now to join us on these two missions and be a part of Omnia Health Live Americas 2020 and/or Omnia Health Live Africa 2020.
Following the success of Omnia Health Live in June, we aim to help your business build virtual connections across the healthcare industry through follow-up events focusing on Africa and the Americas. The virtual exhibitions brings together medical equipment buyers, dealers and distributors, manufacturers, clinicians, procurement professionals and suppliers, making it the ideal platform for your business to showcase Northern expertise.
Choose to join one or both of the events on the registration page, subject to approval and confirmation from our trade missions team:
Omnia Health Live Africa 2020 – 12th - 16th October 2020
This event is a premium virtual expo designed specifically for the African continent and will be the largest virtual healthcare tradeshow of its kind in Africa. This trade mission is ideal for companies in the following sub-sectors:
- medical devices
- diagnostics (point of care)
- infection control
Omnia Health Live Americas 2020 – 2nd - 6th November 2020
This event will focus on Latin America, South America and the southern states of the United States of America (USA). This trade mission is ideal for companies in the following sub-sectors:
- medical devices
- surgery and orthopaedics
- maxfac and plastics
- digital health
- healthy ageing
Further information can be found here.
NORTHERN POWERHOUSE MISSION TO UAE
VIRTUAL MISSION - PART 1: 2nd - 12th November 2020
MISSION TO GULFOOD EXHIBITION - PART 2: 21st - 25th February 2021
The Department for International Trade (DIT) is inviting food and drink companies from across the Northern Powerhouse region to participate in this trade mission to Gulfood 2021 in Dubai, the world’s largest food event.
Gulfood is the premier trade event in the global food and hospitality business calendar and could be your gateway to win new business in established, evolving and emerging markets. The tradeshow is an unmissable event with over 5,000 exhibitors from five continents.
The trade mission is ideal for businesses wanting to grow their sales and operate in categories such as private label, premium grocery, innovative functional foods and products focused on health and wellbeing. Working with the Great British Food Platform, this innovative two-part mission programme includes:
Part 1: Meet the Buyer Virtual Mission from UK
- Virtual Mission Briefing
- Market update on food and drink opportunities in the UAE
- Mind of the Buyer Webinar
- Inclusion of products into sample hampers for interested buyers
- Meet the Buyer - Call Week
Part 2: Seal the Deal Mission to UAE*
- Market update in the UK
- Mission reception in Dubai
- Meet the buyer event in Dubai
- Support to participate in Gulfood 2021
- Retail store visits*
* Due to current uncertainties arising from the impact of COVID-19 on international travel and exhibitions, part 2 of the mission programme may be subject to changes.
Join this trade mission to benefit from the great programme of activities and build your brand’s reputation. For more information, please click here.
VIRTUAL NORTHERN POWERHOUSE FOOD & DRINK MISSION TO CIIE 2020
The Department for International Trade (DIT) are pleased to invite innovative food and drink businesses looking for new markets, to participate in this virtual Northern Powerhouse trade mission to China Internaional Import Expo 2020 in Shanghai.
At CIIE 2020, a prestigious exhibition organised by the Chinese Government, the UK will have a 300m2 multi-sector pavilion located in the ever-popular food and drink sector hall, one of the most widely visited stands in previous years. As part of this the Northern Powerhouse will have dedicated exhibitor space for showcasing the best of British food & drink.
In 2019 CIIE attracted 150,000 professional visitors from 100+ countries and boasted $71.13bn of deals signed at the show. This year there are over 3,800 businesses already registered to attend, billing this as the biggest B2B event of 2020.
What Are the Benefits?
Attending companies will benefit from:
- An online pre-mission briefing to ensure companies can maximise the opportunities of participating in CIIE.
- Support from our experienced Mission Manager, and our native mandarin-speaking international trade executives.
- Coaching in presenting and pitching products virtually.
- An opportunity to showcase products on the NPH stand as part of the UK Pavilion and be promoted to Chinese buyers.
- Being featured in an NPH mission brochure translated into Mandarin – both in printed format to be handed out on the stand, and in an online format that will be emailed by Post to prospective attendees.
Join this virtual Northern Powerhouse mission to get a guided insight into this important market, and be introduced to potential business contacts.
Final date for expression of interest 21 September 2020. Register interest here.
Companies will be selected in a competitive process, and must be from the Northern Powerhouse Region (NW, Y&H, NE)
There is a registration cost of £50 plus VAT per delegate to join the mission.
Shipment of samples to China will be at delegates' own cost.