The team at FIRST are currently matching enterprising young people with far-sighted SMEs keen to harness future talent. Please see below for more information and get in touch with Zoe (firstname.lastname@example.org or 07715 547 148) if we can help you fill a temporary talent gap.
- Businesses must be registered in Tyne and Wear, Northumberland or County Durham and have less than 250 staff, and/or a turnover of less than €50M
- The placements are 30-50 unpaid hours which can be completed over a number of weeks depending on the availability of both the student and business
- Placements are flexible and can be split between the work place and working remotely
- The students will be placed in an business that is aligned with their interests or chosen sector
- These placements are a great way for students to immerse themselves in the business, work environment and add to their CV
- The business must have employers liability insurance and the relevant health and safety requirements
- Sole traders, LTDs, charities and CICs can apply.
This project is funded by Northumberland College, European Social Funding and the Skills Funding Agency.